Pillar Church worships together under a membership covenant—a statement on how we agree to live as a church. The covenant is equal parts promise, summary of expectations, ethical statement, and biblical standard. We require all new members to publicly affirm it before joining the church. We also reaffirm our commitment to the covenant at various times throughout the year, stand as a body, and recommit ourselves to it.
We have, by God’s grace, been brought to repent and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and to love Him with all of our heart, soul, mind and strength. We do now, in dependence upon His Spirit, solemnly and joyfully make this covenant with each other.
By God’s grace:
- We will submit to the authority of the Scriptures as the final word on all matters of life and doctrine.
- We will seek to please God by resisting sin and pursuing holiness.
- We will regularly assemble together to worship God and mutually build each other up in Christ.
- We will work and pray for the unity of the Holy Spirit in the bond of peace with one another.
- We will use our words to build up one another and glorify God rather than speaking lies, deceit, slander, or gossip.
- We will show Christian love, affectionate care, and genuine forgiveness toward each other.
- We will encourage, admonish, and exhibit watchfulness over one another with wisdom and humility in the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We will raise our children and youth in the training and instruction of the Lord, and by a pure and loving example seek the salvation of our family and friends.
- We will rejoice with those who rejoice and weep with those who weep, helping to carry each other’s burdens.
- We will defend and maintain a Christ-exalting ministry in this church by supporting and upholding the preaching of the Bible, the right administration of believer’s baptism and the Lord’s Supper, and when necessary the exercise of church discipline.
- We will cheerfully and regularly contribute to the support of the ministry, the needs of the church, and relief of the poor.
- We will proclaim the gospel in our homes, neighborhoods, and to the ends of the earth in whatever way the Lord enables us.
- We will, when moving from this place, unite with another church where we will carry out the spirit of this covenant and the principles of God’s Word.
May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with us all. Amen.